Friday, April 9, 2010

Quick and Fresh Personal Pizza's

I enjoy being gluten free more than I had ever expected, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there is still certain things I miss. Everyone thinks that you would miss the food the most, but I found the hardest part for me was the convenience of staying in and being able to order out. Whether it's pizza, chinese, etc. it's nice to have those nights where you don't have to put much thought into a meal and can just eat after a long day. I remember when I was 11, my parents bought pizza stones and that was the start of our experiments with the pizza making process. We would have parties and provide crusts for everyone with an array of different toppings and let everyone go to work on their own personal pizza. Those memories all rushed back when I was in Whole Foods and saw Udi's pre-made gf/df/sf/nf pizza crusts. I normally try to make my recipes from scratch but I figured I'd come up with something quick, easy, and that the whole family could do, just like mine used to. Not only is this pizza much healthier than your local pizza joint, but it's extremely fun to make. Provide different toppings to suit everyone's individual taste and you're sure to have a pleased crowd. Smacznego! (Enjoy your meal) and stay healthy.




Pre-made gluten free pizza crust of your choice (I use Udi's)
2 cups of cherry tomatoes 
1 cup of Daiya pre-shredded dairy free cheese
1/2 tbsp of each-dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and rosemary
Pinch of salt and pepper


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl, combine your cherry tomatoes and spices. Crush with a mashed potato masher to the consistency of your choice. I like tomatoes so I kept them in bigger chunks. Now, take your crust out of the freezer and brush it with olive oil. Coat crust with a thin layer of cheese to help tomatoes stick. Then spread tomatoes evenly on crust and top with remaining cheese. I like to keep mine simple and top with fresh basil but now is when you can add the toppings of your choice. Pop in the oven for 8-11 minutes or until edges are brown then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment