Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Santa Monica Salmon

Cooking hasn't always been my passion. I was never a good cook because I didn't really have to be. I lived at home and I didn't take the time to develop my skill like I wish I would have. As high school neared an end, I was preparing my move to California to pursue my acting career. Who knew it would be so hard to live on your own!?! I in no way anticipated half of the hurdles I encountered. The stress of providing for myself and simply being away from home and my family for the first time, really took a toll on my health. I knew I had gluten intolerances, but while in California discovered I am also extremely sensitive to dairy and egg. I not only had to learn how to cook, but I had to learn how to cook gluten, dairy, and egg free meals and still somehow make them taste good enough so that my friends would eat them as well. On a college students budget salmon seemed to be quite the treat. After making it a few times and it being very bland, I finally came up with this marinade that seemed to be a hit with my friends. It was a meal that brought us all together and helped us create great memories, just like good food is supposed to. I wanted to share this and hope it's as special a meal for you as it is for me. Afiyet Olsun! (Enjoy your meal) and stay healthy.


Santa Monica Salmon:
2 cuts of wild Alaskan salmon
1/2 cup of wheat free soy sauce
2 tsp sriracha chili sauce-
2 tbsp gluten free dijon mustard
1 tbsp wheat free hoison sauce
1 tbsp honey or agave

In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Place salmon in a baking dish. Slice salmon horizontally to allow marinade to soak in, then brush on a generous amount of sauce. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until flaky-depending on the thickness of the cut. I recommend keeping extra sauce as well to spoon over once fish it's finished baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment